LinkedIn~ the new resume
The Power of Brand "You" Personal Branding series
Date & Time: July 7th 2013 Sunday, 1500~1700
Maximum capacity: 40
1500yen (for students with valid student ID)
LinkedIn is the new resume!
Are you maximizing LinkedIn for your brand and career? Does your profile stand out and tell your story? Can potential employers and business connections grasp your unique value in a way that they will want to hire you? LinkedIn is the social networking site that results in the most paid career and business opportunities.
Come to this 'hands-on' seminar with your laptop and leave with a polished and branded LinkedIn profile!
* This seminar will be conducted in English.
* Please bring along your laptops for hands-on linkedIn session (wifi available)
* You may also just bring along pen & paper for the seminar, even if you don't have a LinkedIn account yet.
* Mini bus pickup available from subway Nagitsuji station exit 1 at 1415h.
1445~1500 Registration & Mingling
1500~1600 Seminar: LinkedIn ~ the New Resume, part 1
1610~1700 Seminar: LinkedIn ~ the New Resume, part 2
Are you LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is the new resume! Your professional network is the most powerful extension of your personal brand. Because LinkedIn exists solely for the purpose of making professional connections, it is the social networking site that results in the most paid career and business opportunities.
Are you maximizing LinkedIn for your brand and career? Does your profile stand out and tell your story? Can potential employers and business connections grasp your unique value in a way that they will want you to work for them?
In this 120-minute seminar, you will learn:
- Best practices for communicating your brand on your LinkedIn profile
- What you will need to stand out and differentiate from others with similar job titles and experience
- What recruiters, clients, and companies want to see on your profile
- What will increase your chance of success of the right people viewing your profile or becoming your direct connection
- How to manage connections and endorsement requests so you are affiliated with your brand matches – quality not quantity
- Easy tips to manage your profile and keep it current
- How to use LinkedIn groups to build connections and demonstrate your thought leadership
- How to apply a ‘9 minute a day’ strategy for continuous career management on LinkedIn
This is a hands-on program. Open a LinkedIn account (if you do not have one) and bring your laptop. You will immediately apply what you learn in this seminar to your profile.
Peter Sterlacci (USA)
Founder, Believe. Become. Be Your Brand.
Peter Sterlacci is known as “Japan’s personal branding pioneer” and is one of 15 Master level Certified Personal Branding Strategists in the world. His company, Believe. Become. Be Your Brand., is introducing a leading global personal branding methodology to companies and universities in Japan and adapting it for the Japanese culture.
In a country where fitting-in is the norm, Peter’s mission is to pioneer a ‘cultural shift’ by helping Japanese to stand out in a global environment. His background spans over 21 years in intercultural consulting, international outreach, and global communication coaching.
An avid cyclist, he combines cycling imagery with personal branding strategy to empower his clients to shift gears, get out of the saddle, and sprint to career success.
This seminar is produced by WASABI Creation, “International Event Design by International People”. www.wasabicreation.com